As of July 2015, the State of Pennsylvania now requires 3 clearances for everyone, including volunteers, who regularly come in contact with children under the age of 18:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Department of Human Services) - Free for volunteers
- PA Criminal History Report (PA State Police) - Free for volunteers
- Federal Criminal History Report (FBI) - $25.75 (if you HAVE NOT lived in PA 10+ years) or
- Affidavit Relating to Residence Notarized - $5 (if you HAVE lived in PA 10+ years)
The applications for these reports are to be completed in the order listed. Bethel Assembly of God will pay for or reimburse you for the cost of theFBI Fingerprinting Clearance or notary fee.
These applications are to be completed online (Internet Explorer does not work with these sites). If you need access to a computer, please contact the church office at 717-263-5376 to schedule a time to use a computer at the office.
Child Abuse Clearances: www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Click on CREATE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT, then NEXT
- Create a Keystone ID (Username) if completing online.
- When completed, back out to the home page
- A temporary password will be sent to your email.
- Login using your Keystone ID & temporary password
- Complete the form and be sure to mark VOLUNTEER
State Police: https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Click on NEW RECORD CHECK
- Accept Volunteer Acknowledgement Section
- Complete Personal Information Form
- List Bethel Assembly of God as the organization, Phone # 717-263-5376
- Click on NEXT; proof your information.
- Click on PROCEED
- Complete Record Check Request Form
- Click SUBMIT
- If status shows "Request under Review"; report should be available in 2-3 weeks
- Please note all the details of your background check including control numbers for background checks that come back with a status of "Request Under Review". The status "No Record" or "Record". This should only take a few minutes.
- When the status is "No Record" or updated to "No Record, click on the Control Number on the left. A Certification Form should come up; please print this and give to the Office at Bethel. If the status is updated to "Record", the relevant information will be mailed to you.
FBI (If you haven't lived in Pennsylvania for 10 years): https://www.identogo.com
- This report cannot be completed until you have received your Child Abuse History Clearance
- Volunteers: if you have lived in PA for the past 10 years, you will not need to be fingerprinted, but you will need to complete the affidavit below and have it notarized
- If you have not lived in PA for the last 10 years, you will need to be fingerprinted.
- To be fingerprinted, first register here: https://www.identogo.com
- Choose "Get Fingerprinted"
- Select "Pennsylvania"
- Select "Digital Fingerprinting"
- Enter Code: 1KG6ZJ
- Schedule an appointment
- Payment accepted at time of registration using a debit or credit card (copy payment page or receipt for reimbursement)
- Finger Print Site is Fanklin Learning Center 2397 Loop Rd, Chamebrsburg
- Hours: Mon-Wed, 10am-6pm
- No appointment necessary
- Report will be mailed to you
PLEASE GIVE ALL APPROVED CLEARANCES TO THE SECRETARY AT BETHEL'S OFFICE.